Grayhill specializes in human interface optical encoders (with optional joysticks and pushbuttons) that provide excellent tactile feedback to the user. The greatest advantage of optical encoders is their non-contact switching technology which results in an exceptionally high operational life.
Another great technology integrated in our encoder and joystick products is the Hall Effect technology. The Hall effect sensor magnetically detects the position of another moving part such as the shaft in a joystick or encoder. This relational position can be outputted from the device in a variety of formats, including I2C, open collector or push-pull output. Hall effect technology has the advantage of working in low voltage applications and often features a sleep mode to conserve power.
• Center shaft pushbutton & momentary z-axis rotation
• Minimal depth required behind panel - just 0.6 inch
• Stainless steel shaft for use in harsh environments
• Available with or without knob and sealing boot
• Proportional joystick, pushbutton & optical encoder functions from a single shaft
• Analog joystick outputs are proportional to angle of shaft deflection
• Long life, high reliability
• Choices of cable length and termination
• Customized solutions available
No item returned in your search, please try again.